Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
New PIP assessment - questions
I am up for a pip assessment soon.
At some point since my first assessment (two years ago) one of the checkboxes that I ticked on my assessment form became incorrect (not sure when). I only discovered this since yesterday. On my second assessment form I corrected this mistake but I should have informed them earlier. What are the potential consequences of this? I may have enough points for daily living/mobility anyway. Should I hire a lawyer?
Relatively recently I also received several visitors and this forced me out of the flat which I would not normally do. I became very ill as a result of this but I am concerned that somehow they will find out about that and that and they will try and punish me by saying I left the flat when I shouldn't do.
It is also a long time till the appointment and I am pretty worried about it. Any advice?
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 610 Work and employment
- 511 Education
- 930 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 683 Autism and neurodiversity
- 815 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.