Hi, my name is ritaweaver! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is ritaweaver!

Options
ritaweaver
ritaweaver Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I have hidden disability which is soooo frustrating!  Recently I have been having Narcolepsy episodes at work and I think it is a mixture of extreme heat and chronic fatigue I just can not help myself I’m usually sitting in the office at work but also once I get home and rest on the sofa after chores!  I have no control over the overpowering sleep episodes and I’m there one minute and gone the next without warning!  Thankfully this never happens whilst driving but I put that down to more air circulation.  I am worried as my Manager saw me today ! I guess I’m wondering if I could leagally be sacked for this and would be greateful if any one has the answer to this please.
many thanks

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ritaweaver

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about your situation, unfortunately I don't know the answer however another member may give you advice and will be in contact soon :)

Ami :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ritaweaver, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this with us, and I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling more than usual at the moment- the heat seems to have been an issue for lots of people here on the community. We've recently had some discussions about narcolepsy, such as this one here by @sleepysun, which you may like to join in with.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.