Hi, my name is ritaweaver! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is ritaweaver!

Options
ritaweaver
ritaweaver Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I have hidden disability which is soooo frustrating!  Recently I have been having Narcolepsy episodes at work and I think it is a mixture of extreme heat and chronic fatigue I just can not help myself I’m usually sitting in the office at work but also once I get home and rest on the sofa after chores!  I have no control over the overpowering sleep episodes and I’m there one minute and gone the next without warning!  Thankfully this never happens whilst driving but I put that down to more air circulation.  I am worried as my Manager saw me today ! I guess I’m wondering if I could leagally be sacked for this and would be greateful if any one has the answer to this please.
many thanks

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ritaweaver

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about your situation, unfortunately I don't know the answer however another member may give you advice and will be in contact soon :)

Ami :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ritaweaver, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this with us, and I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling more than usual at the moment- the heat seems to have been an issue for lots of people here on the community. We've recently had some discussions about narcolepsy, such as this one here by @sleepysun, which you may like to join in with.

Brightness