No letter inviting me to face to face assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

No letter inviting me to face to face assessment

laandh
laandh Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi, this is my first time claiming PIP for complex PTSD. 

I sent in my forms beginning of July, they text saying that they’d received them and would be in touch if I needed an assessment. 

Ive heard nothing since and just reading about it those letters usually come quite quick. 

Has anyone not had to go? Or is it more likely I’ve been lost in the system and I need to call? 

Advice gratefully received 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, your application may be done on a paper accessment if they don't think a F2F would give more information but you could phone to know for sure.
  • Ripples
    Ripples Community member Posts: 189 Pioneering
    @laandh There is no  set time when they have to assess you although they aim for it to take place within eight weeks.  You can be assessed on paper but it is more likely that you are still in the system and will hear soon.  You can chase them up  though for peace of mind.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.