Hi, my name is mariaward!
I have recently lost a PIP appeal, I have been told, and wanted to know, if the following facts are correct?
can my illnesses which started months before the first claim, which have since grown worse (10 months later so 13 months since) be evaluated on all that time, as the appeal tribunal told me current illnesses were irrelevant to my current claim even though they were developing at the time of my first claim. I have hospital records which backs up the developing illnesses but they seemed ignorant of this fact. I have recently had 3 strokes and these were totally ignored even though the resulting side effects have a huge impact on my daily life. any help greatly appreciated,
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 613 Work and employment
- 513 Education
- 931 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 574 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 684 Autism and neurodiversity
- 815 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.