Hi, my name is mariaward! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is mariaward!

mariaward
mariaward Community member Posts: 2 Listener

I have recently lost a PIP appeal, I have been told, and wanted to know, if the following facts are correct?

can my illnesses which started months before the first claim, which have since grown worse (10 months later so 13 months since) be evaluated on all that time, as the appeal tribunal told me current illnesses were irrelevant to my current claim even though they were developing at the time of my first claim. I have hospital records which backs up the developing illnesses but they seemed ignorant of this fact. I have recently had 3 strokes and these were totally ignored even though the resulting side effects have a huge impact on my daily life. any help greatly appreciated,

thank you

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @mariaward   Pleased to meet you welcome.

In reply to your question I do not know. Some one from our community or a member of our team will advise.

May I suggest speaking to CAB about queries relating PIP. Could be worth contacting.

Also have a look at our benefit advice Talk about PIP might be useful to peruse.

I wanted to just say we are a community friendly and supportive.

Ask the community anything. Lots of information, advice and new friends.

Hope that helps.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • mariaward
    mariaward Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Hi, Thank you, yes I have spoken to citizens advice and have a further appointment in 2 weeks time, I am just trying to compile a case to take with me.

I have written to the appeals office for the statement of reasons, just trying to grasp all the very confusing legalities of what the appeals office can and cannot take into account.

Brightness