Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

ESA IR Backpayment from ESA3 Form

Hi everyone, im a carer for my mother. She has received the letter stating she may be owed backpay due to an official error. She has completed the ESA3 form over the telephone, then she was told 2 weeks to sort, then 6 days by another assesor then 12 weeks, then over 12 weeks due to the numbers involved. She has no partner and no savings to prove so i assume its a fairly simple thing for them to sort, but we were just wondering how long it actually takes to get the payment sorted??

Thanks 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    There's no timescales. I think the only way she's going to know what's going on and how much longer it will take is to ring DWP when they open tomorrow morning. No one can really answer your question, unfortunately and i believe she's not the only one that's had to wait for their back dated money.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • jaybjayb Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thankyou poppy. I will cal them tommorow, its only been 2 weeks but the first assesor did say 2 weeks so we will have to see. Kind regards
Sign in or join us to comment.