How many times can you applie for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How many times can you applie for PIP

Options
ellerdene
ellerdene Community member Posts: 6 Connected
Although i have been placed in a group and claim ESA i failed a PiP assessment as i was given 0 points. this was over 2 /3 yrs ago now i was to ill to get mixed up with tribunals etc so just accepted the decision.I wonder if i may be entitled to try again as ive deteriorated since my failed attempt i expect i would have to go through yet another assessment and wonder if its worth all the stress ! the big worry is if i fail again could it affect my ESA , i know their diferent benefits but i also know how devious DWP are and suspect the departments share your claim details and i cant loose my ESA maybe im am worrying needlesley can anyone help or give me some advice

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,995 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    There's no timescale in which you need to wait to start a new claim. Your ESA award is totally different to PIP and a PIP claim won't affect what group you're
    in with ESA. For ESA they can re-assess you at anytime and if you start a claim for PIP and are then sent another ESA50 form it's will be a total coincidence. An ESA50 is sent straight from the assessment providers, a PIP for is sent from DWP, so it's different.

As for a PIP claim, it's not award based on a diagnosis, it totally depends how your conditions affect you daily. Take a look and complete the PIP self test. Be award though that it's purely a guide to what you could possibly score. Evidence will be needed to support a claim and should be sent with the PIP form when you return it.

Expect a face 2 face assessment as most people have, it's rare to have a paper based assessment.

If you do decide to apply then i advise you to get some help with filling the form in because they are quite complex.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ellerdene
    ellerdene Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    Options
    Thanks Poppy for the advice i will look at the website you gave me a link for.I have only just been re assessed for ESA thankfully i scored enough points to carry on getting it ! i was dreading the decision arriving but at least for now i dont have to worry about appeals etc i hate this benefit system were all constantly on trial and held to ransom by DWP were treated like criminals yet are suppose to be protected by law its just a joke.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.