Income support money — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Income support money

bev79 Member Posts: 3 Listener
I always get my income support every 2 weeks £89.00 never changed but today I only got £51 for 2 weeks payment does any one know why this could be thanks  I receive carers allowance for my son this is why I get income support don’t understand why it’s changed to such a smaller amount with no notice


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,452 Disability Gamechanger
    Is it PIP or DLA that your son claims? and has recently be re-assessed for either of those? If so then it maybe that it's been stopped, but that amount of money doesn't really make any sense. The only way to possibly get your answer will be to ring Income Support and ask them why you only received that money, anyone here will only be guessing.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,628 Pioneering
    Hi bev79,

    Have you had any Social Fund loans or have you received notification of any overpayments as these are generally the main deductions from benefits? 
    I can't see that it will have anything to do with your son's benefits as if these were stopped your CA and IS would have stopped completely as well. As poppy123456 says, the only way to find out is by calling the DWP on 0800 169 0310.

    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.