Income support money — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Income support money

bev79
bev79 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I always get my income support every 2 weeks £89.00 never changed but today I only got £51 for 2 weeks payment does any one know why this could be thanks  I receive carers allowance for my son this is why I get income support don’t understand why it’s changed to such a smaller amount with no notice

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    Is it PIP or DLA that your son claims? and has recently be re-assessed for either of those? If so then it maybe that it's been stopped, but that amount of money doesn't really make any sense. The only way to possibly get your answer will be to ring Income Support and ask them why you only received that money, anyone here will only be guessing.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi bev79,

Have you had any Social Fund loans or have you received notification of any overpayments as these are generally the main deductions from benefits? 
    I can't see that it will have anything to do with your son's benefits as if these were stopped your CA and IS would have stopped completely as well. As poppy123456 says, the only way to find out is by calling the DWP on 0800 169 0310.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.