Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, I’m a mum to a teenage boy with ASpergers
My 14 year old son has ASpergers. He has missed over a year of school and is due to start a new school in two weeks. However, before he can try he needs to get his very long hair cut and take of his hoody which he wears at all times in the house. He barely leaves his room and is extremely self conscious. He’s very bright but his social difficulties prevent him from getting to school, despite him being desperate to be with his peers. Please can anyone help? He refuses to go to an ASD school and CAMHS are no help at all. I am so worried about him!
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.