Strange phone call from case manager - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Strange phone call from case manager

2»

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    I wonder what would happen if they could not contact you by telephone either because you are not available or the DWP don't have your telephone numbers as in my case?

• littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    Thanks poppy ive been crying with relief x
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    I think before they could process my claim I had too verify I wasent challenging my last review .as I interviewed it early .God nos there strange rules yadnad 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 90 Listener
    Just rang them again was being consumed by my own anxiety !.I've got enhanced on both from feb this year .so I'm very happy with that .so still bit confused on call .gosh the relief .Thank you too those who helped me bless you x
    what a wonderful result for you i am so pleased for you ??it shows dwp are doing as they should which is going thru claims again????now go spend your refund xxxx

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 90 Listener
    Yadnad said:
    I wonder what would happen if they could not contact you by telephone either because you are not available or the DWP don't have your telephone numbers as in my case?

i would think they write to you  and ask you to contact them
  • Yadnad

sweet said:
    Yadnad said:

i would think they write to you  and ask you to contact them

Would you really believe that? I sent a formal letter of complaint to the DWP in April I received a letter back from them at the end of July - it wasn't a reply to the complaint - just a note to tell me that they had received the complaint!
    Still heard nothing since. 

I doubt that they would do anything apart from put it on the back burner to see if there was any further contact in the future. That happened to me once where the DWP just cancelled my ESA and never contacted me. I only noticed the error many weeks later when compiling the end of month bank reconciliation. 

I sent them a letter which they replied to weeks later asking if I had moved home as a letter that they had previously sent to me had been returned undelivered.

By the time they had sorted it out they owed me 16 weeks of payments!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 142 Listener
    @Yadnad that’s awful !! 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 142 Listener
    @Yadnad that’s awful !! 
  • Yadnad
    niknoo said:
    @Yadnad that’s awful !!

........but true. Our living costs and bills all had to go on the credit card for those 16 weeks. I paid the debt off but still ended up out of pocket due to the interest I had to pay. 
  • Heidi415
    Heidi415 Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
    Hi ive been waiting for 6 months on a review id asked for .assessment points were good .however on a review in 2016 they put my points down lower .I dident appeal as evidence was poor and tbhx dident have the fight in me .Had call from descision maker who kept quizzing me why dident I appeal last time .and am I worse now than in 2016 .I started panicking and said I was bad then too .I feel like she was trying too catch me out and is going too take my points down again now .said she doing it tomorrow but dident say the result. Feeling ive shot myself in the foot .will the timescale go against me .Feel so confused

Did you have your review before or after November 28th 2016? How many points were you awarded initially? Sorry I know this is an old post but I think my renewal may be similar to yours.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.