Extra help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Extra help

Theresa36187
Theresa36187 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
My chronic kidney disease is fast approaching failure, I've lost the ability to pass urine myself so now self-catheritize, I suffer awfully with ptsd and have osteoarthritis in both knees. I am currently on low rate mobility and wondered if it is worth informing them of my much worsened conditions? Please advise... 

Comments

• Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    There is a calculator on this site that would let you go through a dummy assessment. I would suggest trying it out and, if it makes a difference, then get some advice from CAB or other equally helpful organisation about how to go about it.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    If your condition has got worst since your last acessment say 12 months has past and the deteration is going to remain the contact DWP and inform them you will most likely have to fill in a new claim form and attend another face to face acessment. To help you decide do a self test on this or other sites to see how you will do in matching the descriptors.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    wilko said:
    If your condition has got worst since your last acessment say 12 months has past and the deteration is going to remain the contact DWP and inform them you will most likely have to fill in a new claim form and attend another face to face acessment. To help you decide do a self test on this or other sites to see how you will do in matching the descriptors.
    You are only required to tell the DWP of any change if it is reasonable to assume that the points already awarded would go up or down.

If it is considered that there will be no change to the award then you are not required to tell the DWP.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.