PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Extra help

Theresa36187Theresa36187 Member Posts: 4 Listener
My chronic kidney disease is fast approaching failure, I've lost the ability to pass urine myself so now self-catheritize, I suffer awfully with ptsd and have osteoarthritis in both knees. I am currently on low rate mobility and wondered if it is worth informing them of my much worsened conditions? Please advise... 

Replies

• TopkittenTopkitten Member Posts: 1,263 Pioneering
    There is a calculator on this site that would let you go through a dummy assessment. I would suggest trying it out and, if it makes a difference, then get some advice from CAB or other equally helpful organisation about how to go about it.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,289 Disability Gamechanger
    If your condition has got worst since your last acessment say 12 months has past and the deteration is going to remain the contact DWP and inform them you will most likely have to fill in a new claim form and attend another face to face acessment. To help you decide do a self test on this or other sites to see how you will do in matching the descriptors.
  • YadnadYadnad Posts: 2,856 Member
    wilko said:
    If your condition has got worst since your last acessment say 12 months has past and the deteration is going to remain the contact DWP and inform them you will most likely have to fill in a new claim form and attend another face to face acessment. To help you decide do a self test on this or other sites to see how you will do in matching the descriptors.
    You are only required to tell the DWP of any change if it is reasonable to assume that the points already awarded would go up or down.

If it is considered that there will be no change to the award then you are not required to tell the DWP.

Sign in or join us to comment.