Just 4% of PIP decisions over ruled by tribunals — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just 4% of PIP decisions over ruled by tribunals

Options
Geoark
Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
To start with the source of this information  has not been the most trustworthy with its interpretation of figures.

While new figures are showing the success rate has risen to 71% for appeals this admission by the DWP shows one reason why the DWP may not seem so bothered, after all a 96% success rate for a complicated system is not bad.

The rest of the story seems to suggest that many people are accepting poor or just plain wrong decisions for what ever reason.

https://www.disabilitynewsservice.com/dwp-figures-provide-fresh-evidence-to-explain-pip-claim-rejections/

As an individual I stood alone.
As a member of a group I did things.
As part of a community I helped to create change!

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As you say Mike, the DWP treat those that have had some measure of an award and are willing to accept anything which is better than nothing in the total of 'good' decision making. What also of those that in the past five years have fallen by the wayside and not wanted to continue to work with the PIP system - anything is better than being made to feel a failure, stressed & downhearted.
  • feir
    feir Community member Posts: 397 Pioneering
    Options
    "The rest of the story seems to suggest that many people are accepting poor or just plain wrong decisions for what ever reason."

I'm one of those people. Just couldn't mentally hack asking for support and then needing to beg for it when rejected.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.