Hi, my name is carlan77! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is carlan77!

Options
carlan77
carlan77 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi this is my first post. I was in receipt of IR ESA and enhanced PIP both care and mobility which meant I also received the premiums of enhanced and severe disability . I have no non dependants and nobody claimed carers allowance. 

Unfortunately due to marital disputes and child custody court case and continued to be on receiving end of verbal abuse that I moved area permantly on 29th April 2018.   I contacted the local authority to claim housing and council tax benefit. I was told I had to claim housing costs through Universal Credit. I asked if that would affect my other benefits and was told no. Clearly that was not the case and I lost IR ESA and premiums. 

After reading about the 2 gentlemen who took DWP to court and won their SDP amount back I wondered where I stand ? Will the DWP be contacting anyone who has lost these premiums or will each individual claiment have to take the DWP to court  ?
Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated. 

CarolAnne

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @carlan77 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing.  I am unsure of an answer. To your question.  I am sure one of our members of our community will advise you or a member of our team.

Have you spoken to CAB they might be worth contacting. Have a wealth of knowledge and expertise.  The benefit system is complex and confusing.

Have you had a look at our benefit advice for answers.

Wanted to add we are a friendly supportive community who cares and share..

Hope that helps.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @carlan77 and a warm welcome to the community. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us all and I am sorry about the circumstances that it occurred in. Do you currently have any other support in place? I would advice contacting CAB about this matter as it is something that is fairly complex. I wish you the very best of luck with your claim and please do not hesitate to ask anything else. In the meantime, please do have a look around the community and get involved with anything else that you may find interesting :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.