Hi, my name is carlan77! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is carlan77!

Options
carlan77
carlan77 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi this is my first post. I was in receipt of IR ESA and enhanced PIP both care and mobility which meant I also received the premiums of enhanced and severe disability . I have no non dependants and nobody claimed carers allowance. 

Unfortunately due to marital disputes and child custody court case and continued to be on receiving end of verbal abuse that I moved area permantly on 29th April 2018.   I contacted the local authority to claim housing and council tax benefit. I was told I had to claim housing costs through Universal Credit. I asked if that would affect my other benefits and was told no. Clearly that was not the case and I lost IR ESA and premiums. 

After reading about the 2 gentlemen who took DWP to court and won their SDP amount back I wondered where I stand ? Will the DWP be contacting anyone who has lost these premiums or will each individual claiment have to take the DWP to court  ?
Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated. 

CarolAnne

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @carlan77 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing.  I am unsure of an answer. To your question.  I am sure one of our members of our community will advise you or a member of our team.

Have you spoken to CAB they might be worth contacting. Have a wealth of knowledge and expertise.  The benefit system is complex and confusing.

Have you had a look at our benefit advice for answers.

Wanted to add we are a friendly supportive community who cares and share..

Hope that helps.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @carlan77 and a warm welcome to the community. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us all and I am sorry about the circumstances that it occurred in. Do you currently have any other support in place? I would advice contacting CAB about this matter as it is something that is fairly complex. I wish you the very best of luck with your claim and please do not hesitate to ask anything else. In the meantime, please do have a look around the community and get involved with anything else that you may find interesting :)
    Scope

Brightness