Nitrites and sleep disorder — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Nitrites and sleep disorder

pjak
pjak Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Can l just add to my previous post about Nitrites, after I began thinking it was this when added to foods that made me wake and alert very early, so, as l learnt to selectively avoid them in my diet and l found after l'd eaten something which may have it in it would then take 2/3 days to 'wash' out my system and avoid it in future.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @pjak Understanding the way you are is important part of the body and its reaction to substances like Nitrites.

I think that we do have too much processed food and need to be aware of what is it. Effecting our bodies.

I know European Laws are in effect concerning the level of Nitrites. We all of us need to be concerned of preservatives.

Know these can cause many people allergic reactions..

One useful thing I do is a food diary and have used it to good effect.  For sleep and other associated health issues.

Hope that helps.

Take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • pjak
    pjak Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    I've just read that someone in Europe Parliament will be looking into the use of Nitrites in our food.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.