Pip home visit refused — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip home visit refused

Options
Bella01
Bella01 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi, 
I applied for pip on 10th March for my granddaughter who has severe anxiety the forms took about 3 months to come through and i sent them back the same day.
I also in that time became her appointee so i could handle everything for her. 
We received a letter on 24th July to say she had an appointment on the 6th of August,
i rung up the same day to explain there is no way she would go and is there anyway she could have an home visit which they agreed,
and about a week ago we received a letter saying that there was no way they could do a home visit and they would be in contact with a new appointment date inwhich i know she will not go to due to her anxiety. 
Is there anything i can do as they are still saying the can not do a home visit even though her doctor said they should do a home visit?

Comments

• Charli
    Charli Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
    Options
    My advice is go to citizens advice I had a somewhat similar problem with my husband they refused a home visit repeatedly and kept sending new appointments, this only ceased  (after 6 months of fighting) after citizens advice got in touch with atos and DWP and found out they weren’t sharing information on why my husband couldn’t attend they agreed to do a paper assessment with information requested from his mental health workers that was completed on the 7th August so two weeks ago. I requested a copy of the assessment report last Friday which DWP said they would send so hopefully nearly at the end the woman who phoned with a few questions about my husband from atos was really nice and told me they’d received a good letter from mental health so I can only hope, but do go to citizens advice if possible, I also hope my story gives you a few pointers and that you don’t have to fight for your granddaughter as long as I’ve had to good luck
  • Charli
    Options
    Also keep all letters and if you ring ask for the name of who your speaking to, it might help to also keep a little diary of when you rang and who you spoke to
  • Charli
    Options
    You really know your stuff mikehughescq I’ve never heard of that before you learn something new every day as my granda used to say
  • Bella01
    Bella01 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Thank you will have a try tomorrow 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 90 Listener
    Options
    I am the magical combination of a person with multiple impairments; a manager within a welfare rights and debt advice service and someone with a long standing interest in equalities and accessibility who works with the legislation around all those issues every day. I am also to the point. Doesn’t make me popular :)
    yes you are blunt and it does annoy but and i say but i sat watching reading before commenting and lots of points you give did help myself in some ways with my claim ???there i praised you  god i must be getting better hahaha

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.