PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Confused about report

jules13jules13 Member Connected
hi guys, today I have received my report, not award notice which I asked for before award was sent. It’s confused me as the assessor has adviced a review within 9months but also states that they believe my symptoms will still be present in 9 months. So does this mean I have to reapply in 9 months if I am awarded? Or they will just do another f2f? 

Replies

• CharliCharli Member Connected
    I got a report today for my husband saying he should be reviewed in 18 months but the report also says he’ll have lifelong problems and that they don’t think it’ll be any different in 18months they did a paper assessment instead of f2f as they wouldn’t do a home visit so I’ll be interested in what people say jules13 as I have no idea either
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Disability Gamechanger
    jules13 said:
    hi guys, today I have received my report, not award notice which I asked for before award was sent. It’s confused me as the assessor has adviced a review within 9months but also states that they believe my symptoms will still be present in 9 months. So does this mean I have to reapply in 9 months if I am awarded? Or they will just do another f2f? 
    Hi,
    Some where in that report there should be boxes with dots or ticks. You need to compare these with the PIP descriptors to see what was scored, if anything because they don't add the points up when ticking the boxes, you have to add them up yourself. I've not heard of a review in 9 months before. Usually reviews are done 1 year before the award is due to end, if an award has been given of course.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • CharliCharli Member Connected
    Does anyone know what a review after 18 month or in jules13 case 9 month entails
  • jules13jules13 Member Connected
    There are no boxes or ticks But it tells you which option they think is suitable so for example, a, b, c or d etc of the points system so I can work out where the points are etc. Just certain things I do not agree with and she has contradicted herself a bit. Got knows how u get evidence of this lol. I just don’t understand the review bit either 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, it's the options for the descriptors you need to look at and use the PIP descriptors to add the score up. I used the PIP self test to add mine. I have 3 past reports, 2 for myself and 1 for my daughter and they all have boxes with dots. Adding up the score will tell you if an award is recommended or not.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • YadnadYadnad Member - under moderation Disability Gamechanger
    Award periods can vary from as short as 9 months up to ongoing (10 years)
    However the average is approx 3 years.
    As an aside, an award period for those that are classed as being in the terminal illness (cancer etc) category they will be given a 3 year award. 
Sign in or join us to comment.