Confused about report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confused about report

jules13
jules13 Community member Posts: 63 Connected
hi guys, today I have received my report, not award notice which I asked for before award was sent. It’s confused me as the assessor has adviced a review within 9months but also states that they believe my symptoms will still be present in 9 months. So does this mean I have to reapply in 9 months if I am awarded? Or they will just do another f2f? 

Comments

• Charli
    Charli Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
    I got a report today for my husband saying he should be reviewed in 18 months but the report also says he’ll have lifelong problems and that they don’t think it’ll be any different in 18months they did a paper assessment instead of f2f as they wouldn’t do a home visit so I’ll be interested in what people say jules13 as I have no idea either
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    jules13 said:
    hi guys, today I have received my report, not award notice which I asked for before award was sent. It’s confused me as the assessor has adviced a review within 9months but also states that they believe my symptoms will still be present in 9 months. So does this mean I have to reapply in 9 months if I am awarded? Or they will just do another f2f? 
    Hi,
    Some where in that report there should be boxes with dots or ticks. You need to compare these with the PIP descriptors to see what was scored, if anything because they don't add the points up when ticking the boxes, you have to add them up yourself. I've not heard of a review in 9 months before. Usually reviews are done 1 year before the award is due to end, if an award has been given of course.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Charli
    Charli Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
    Does anyone know what a review after 18 month or in jules13 case 9 month entails
  • jules13
    jules13 Community member Posts: 63 Connected
    There are no boxes or ticks But it tells you which option they think is suitable so for example, a, b, c or d etc of the points system so I can work out where the points are etc. Just certain things I do not agree with and she has contradicted herself a bit. Got knows how u get evidence of this lol. I just don’t understand the review bit either 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, it's the options for the descriptors you need to look at and use the PIP descriptors to add the score up. I used the PIP self test to add mine. I have 3 past reports, 2 for myself and 1 for my daughter and they all have boxes with dots. Adding up the score will tell you if an award is recommended or not.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Award periods can vary from as short as 9 months up to ongoing (10 years)
    However the average is approx 3 years.
    As an aside, an award period for those that are classed as being in the terminal illness (cancer etc) category they will be given a 3 year award. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.