Whistleblower — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Whistleblower

Options
bigbrother18
bigbrother18 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I'm new to this my first post anyway I live in Belfast and only two weeks ago a few papers had a story from a whistleblower who had worked as an assesor for pip..The story went they had to leave the job for there own sanity and they go on to say they are supposed to see so many people a day,read there files,interview them send there reports to dwp they said this was impossible most of the time and that the staff ASSESORS themselves would share story's about people's disabilitys and laugh and joke.They also mentioned some lady's case who had all medical evidence and the dwp still gave her no points and over ruled the ASSESORS that's how proffesional these people are an absolute disgrace 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome. It's not the DWP who do the acessment, outside contractors are contracted to acess claiments and send a report to DWP on the claiments abilities to meet the PIP descriptors. The decision maker at DWP then reads the report submitted by the acessment company and award the claiment  an award for PIP on the information presented to them in the acessment report. We all like to blame the DWP for the non awards but the decision maker can only award PIP on the Infomation given, if you or I where doing the decision makers job we to would be making similar or the same awards for PIP being given the acessment report from the acessors. The Acessment Companies must and should be brought to task over their acessment reporting.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.