Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
How far back will the PIP be backdated if successfully reinstated?
I received PIP for a couple of years because of severe medical problems that will not improve. At a reassessment, Pip was removed December 2016. To cut a long story short, the DWP advised me to apply for PIP again, so I did this late 2017 and was refused, I asked for a M.R, as the reasoning did not 'make sense' if I am awarded PIP will this be back dated to December 2016, as it should not have been removed, or will it be forwarded to the later re-reassessment of 2017? This does not seem fair if this is the case, as by reawarding it surely they were wrong to remove it in December 2016?
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.