Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Is a change in circumstances worth an appeal?
I really need some advice, I get PIP for RA and fibromyalgia, standard rate of care and mobility. I reported a change as my mobility has greatly reduced and I was having serious hip problems and investigations. I sent in all the evidence had a medical and no change in rates. When my report came in there were so many inaccuracies and lies in it that a put in for mandatory reconsideration. In the wait, I had new Drs letter which I sent in and I also learnt I was in need of a double hip replacement. Outcome, still no change and they are not acknowledging new evidence, where do I stand apart from going to appeal??
- 55.3K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 840 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 303 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 706 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.