Is a change in circumstances worth an appeal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is a change in circumstances worth an appeal?

angelrosy
angelrosy Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I really need some advice, I get PIP for RA and fibromyalgia, standard rate of care and mobility. I reported a change as my mobility has greatly reduced and I was having serious hip problems and investigations. I sent in all the evidence had a medical and no change in rates. When my report came in there were so many inaccuracies and lies in it that a put in for mandatory reconsideration. In the wait, I had new Drs letter which I sent in and I also learnt I was in need of a double hip replacement. Outcome, still no change and they are not acknowledging new evidence, where do I stand apart from going to appeal??

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @angelrosy   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing sorry what has happened. I know in answer to your question. Some one from our community will advise or a member of our team.

I wanted to welcome you and hope you do find answer to your question. 

I hope and pray what ever you decide to do. Wish you well for a successful outcome. We have a lot of information on benefits have a look.

Have you spoken to CAB , they could help and advise.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @angelrosy
    Welcome to the community! Sorry to hear about your current situation. Wishing you all the luck for the best result!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @angelrosy and a warm welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this. I would take the PIP- self help test online to see if the changes in mobility do in fact take you to enhanced rate. Please be mindful that an assessor may give you different points to yourself. If you do decide to appeal then there is information about this here. The community can also give practical advice on this area. I hope this helps and please do let me know if there is anything else that we can do!
    Scope

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    angelrosy said:
    I really need some advice, I get PIP for RA and fibromyalgia, standard rate of care and mobility. I reported a change as my mobility has greatly reduced and I was having serious hip problems and investigations. I sent in all the evidence had a medical and no change in rates. When my report came in there were so many inaccuracies and lies in it that a put in for mandatory reconsideration. In the wait, I had new Drs letter which I sent in and I also learnt I was in need of a double hip replacement. Outcome, still no change and they are not acknowledging new evidence, where do I stand apart from going to appeal??
    It doesn't matter if you need hips, knees and elbows replacing, what is important is how you are under these circumstances and what impact are they having on your life and which descriptor you fit in.

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @angelrosy

I think you'll have to go the appeal route.  

PIP is awarded for how your conditions affect your daily living and mobility not for the conditions themselves.

Disability Rights UK has a good guide to all aspects of PIP.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.