Suffering with MS & severe back pain — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Suffering with MS & severe back pain

Options
melh
melh Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited September 2018 in Cerebral palsy
Hi all my name is melh & I am new to this. I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2008, I was on medication but at present don't require any. My right side is the most effected & I have lost balance many times resulting in falls. My severe back pain is my worst symptom I am on lots of medication. My disc is flattened between L5 & S1 which gives me sciatica done both legs. Does anyone else have these & does anyone have any suggestions about pain relief. Thank you xxx

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @melh and thank you for sharing this with us today! I am sorry to hear that your symptoms are causing a great deal of pain. I am going to move this discussion into the physical disabilities board in the hope of getting more responses :)
    Scope

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @melh, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this with us- I'm so sorry to hear about your pain. Have you considered being referred to a pain clinic? It might be something to discuss with your GP! 
  • veriterc
    veriterc Community member Posts: 241 Pioneering
    Options
    I really feel for you, as I have back pain as long-term condition after polio.  I did find that there is help, BUT you have to go and find this for yourself (asking your GP to refer you to your local pain clinic can mean a 6 month wait).  
    One thing I found helped my back pain was hydrotherapy (see more on aftercancers.com).   If you can tolerate water temperature in local pools try swimming back stroke - that helps me.  Good luck 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.