How do you win a PIP appeal? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do you win a PIP appeal?

Roo381
Roo381 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi my name is Rachael.
I care for my disabled daughter. We recently went through the reassessment process with PIP. (On there recommendation). They performed a  home visit and then we waited patiently for the outcome. Unfortunately they have now lowered her mobility benefit to the standard rate. I'm absolutely distraught as is my daughter. Living in a very rural area this Car is her lifeline to both attending hospital appointments at various hospitals out of our county and helping her to transport her to college. 
I have contacted PIP regarding their decision and asked for a mandatory reconsideration. tHe report they wrote was totally contradictory to the questions they asked. My daughter feels cheated and let down by a system that I thought was here to support her. I sold my vehicle as it was not fit for purpose and feel like I'm now going to be left with nothing.
On a happier note, I spoke to an absolutely wonderful lady yesterday at SCOPE. She has organised a day to call me back and help guide me through the process. After such an emotional start to the day, it was the only beacon of light. 
Thank you Jill for your reassurance and support and I look forward to talking you soon. 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Roo381   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing. Sorry what has happened. I am sure many of our community will be supportive and understanding.

Can identify what you are going through. I lost my car as well.   Although may I add the scheme providers Motability will be touch with you. They issue a booklet outlying what to do next. Have a covering letter explaining everything.  In the booklet has details of ideas and solutions.

Could and do offer a financial incentive. All depends how long you have been on the scheme.  Something to consider.  Although the financial incentive is not enough. I know this and so do others in our community.

Good to hear you have started the ongoing process of Appeal and wish you every success. The system is unfair, brutal, heart-breaking and has effected many members of our community.

If you have a look around the forum. I am afraid you will read stories similar to yours. Understand and hope they can offer a lot of support and unity.  As well words of comfort and hope they can also offer some practical solutions.

Happy to see a member of our team has helped you. I can all but add we are here to be supportive. Help and advise. 

Please can I suggest several community members have sent correspondence to their local MP. MP's are being aware of what has been going on.

Might be an idea.

All I can say. We are a friendly community. Ask the community anything.  Some one will know. One final point speak to CAB . Lots of information, advice, form filling in.

Have a look at our own benefit advice as well.

Hope that helps.

Best wishes for a successful outcome.

Please take care. 

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Roo381 and a very warm welcome to the community! I am really sorry to hear about your experience! I hope you do win your MR. If you need information regarding this then you can find it on the Scope website. It may also be worth contacting CAB as they too can help with the appeal process. The whole community is behind you and please do keep us updated :) 
    Scope

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @Roo381,

Welcome to the community! It's great to hear that our helpline has been able to offer you some help and support with this, and that a member of the team will be in touch with you soon to advise you. :)

Do keep us posted!
    Liam

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.