How to do MR for my husband after moving from DLA to PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

How to do MR for my husband after moving from DLA to PIP

HazelMW Member Posts: 4 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello there and thank you for accepting me 


  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Member Posts: 6,389 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @HazelMW   Pleased to meet you welcome.

    Thank you for joining. We are a friendly supportive community.

    Care and share. Please ask if you need anything. Want to know something.

    Some one will know.

    Ready to listen

    Take care

    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
  • HazelMW
    HazelMW Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thank you . I really appreciate that . Am looking for all help I can get as doing MR for husband who has had all benefits stopped after DLA to PIP assessment despite fact he nearly died after this due to complete kidney failure and is now on dialysis x3 times per week . This is in addition to his other chronic conditions which have been overlooked and even want car back . So angry ???
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Member, Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,945 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @HazelMW
    Welcome to the community! I am so sorry to hear yours and your husbands current situation! That is awful! I wish I knew what advice to give you but the community is filled with amazing and knowledgable members who I'm sure will be more than happy to advise you. Please let us know if we can do anything else to help. All the best.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • blueboy87
    blueboy87 Member Posts: 69 Courageous
    [email protected] HazelMW the samething happened to a friend of mine she got in touch to let them know change of circumstances and she got standard on both good luvk
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,545 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @HazelMW and a very warm welcome to the community! I am really sorry to hear about your situation. I am going to move the discussion to the PIP/ DLA in the hope of getting more answers to you. Have you taken the PIP online test on behalf of your husband? The two benefits assess very different things and it may be looking at the PIP criteria to see if it does fit with your husbands condition. 

  • HazelMW
    HazelMW Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thank you for your reply and help . I did do PIP criteria online before I filled in forms and yes he was entitled . I have someone forming Housing Trust and Support. Worker from Renal Unit helping me with the appeal . I was told today by one of the workers that it seems many people in Shropshire are being discrinated against . Could this be because county is inline to change to Universal Credit in October . This won’t affect my husband as he is over age limit I believe but it will me as younger being born in 1959 . I am grateful for all support and advice received as am in a very dark place at moment . Thank you all 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,422 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP isn't part of Universal credit. The PIP online self test is just a guide to what you could possibly score. It doesn't mean you'll score those points. 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Member Posts: 2,590 Disability Gamechanger

    advice will generate an MR submission letter.

    PIP is for how your conditions affect you, not for the conditions themselves, and for at least 4 days a week..  Take a look at PIP descriptors on Disability Rights UK site.

    Try to get somer f2f help from CAB or similar, or local authority welfare rights.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Connected
    You should only refer to how he was when you submitted the claim form. Any issues that happened afterwards is not relevant to the claim.
    Any change of circumstances after that date if notified to the DWP may well cause another assessment and problems with any decision that is made on the first claim.
  • HazelMW
    HazelMW Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thank you all for your advice and this shows what a minefield the whole process us . Have got professional help involved too . Thank you all xx


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.