Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
requested reasonable adjustments and SDP
Hi, DWP continue to text me seems when they want further information - i recently had both a pip first application and full review of my esa as in support group. The ESA review information was all submitted in April and still not had a decision as my gp/mental health nurse requested paper based for both benefits due to my severe anxiety. Being a victim of stalking just to add to the joys affects my ability to make and take phone calls. Now DWP have evidence of all of this but still continue to text me on occasion and ask me to phone them. I wish i could be nice not to feel as i do. I got my pip and now qualify for SDP. I have written to them and they have confirmed it doesn't affect my ESA. Am I to take it that my ESA is now renewed ? I asked them to apportion the SDP and sent my child's university information and tenancy agreements as they are away June to June if not longer saying I am normally living alone. Gave dates child visited to be completely clear as it would be wrong to say they are never at home... i explained i need a reasonable adjustment to correspond by email as i can't always get someone to phone them on my behalf. sent it all recorded three weeks ago. heard nothing at all. what should i do. has anyone else managed to get sdp on an apportioned basis. anyone else managed to get a reasonable adjustment to be able to email them instead of phoning?
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.