Can LCWRA be backdated? - Page 6 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can LCWRA be backdated?

Options

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,396 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hiya ano this is old but i hav had to weit 18 months and still weiting for a bak  pament is ridiclus 

HI and welcome,

As you've posted on someone else's thread could you give some more information please? Have you been awarded LCWRA for UC or are you waiting for an assessment? or have you been awarded LCW?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • nikkii_93
    nikkii_93 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Hi sorry for intruding on someone else’s post. 

Just been awarded LCWRA element of UC on 3rd February 2020 as my payments are on 5th and the 19th of each month I knew I wouldn’t receive anything this month, my question is I handed my first Fit Note on the 4th November 2019, I got my first pay on December 5th, I’m just wondering if I will be backdated anything as March 2020 will be my 5th month from I sent my first Fit note? 

Thanks any help is appreciated  
  • Josy
    Josy Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    marie222 said:
    Josy and Norfolk123

hi just out of curiosity how did you both get on in the end did it get sorted for you as im in a similar situation....tia

Hi marie222 sorry for very late reply. So we started getting paid in the September 2019 but only for that month. Has put in a Mandatory consideration to ask about the back pay owing from the first note which was april 2018. Still waiting for a decision. UC replied to me asking about it last week and they said no decision has been made yet. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    nikkii_93 said:

Just been awarded LCWRA element of UC on 3rd February 2020 as my payments are on 5th and the 19th of each month I knew I wouldn’t receive anything this month, my question is I handed my first Fit Note on the 4th November 2019, I got my first pay on December 5th, I’m just wondering if I will be backdated anything as March 2020 will be my 5th month from I sent my first Fit note? 

HI and welcome,

It will depend when your assessment period is because it's 3 full assessment periods.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • nikkii_93
    Options
    nikkii_93 said:

HI and welcome,

It will depend when your assessment period is because it's 3 full assessment periods.
    Hi and thank you.

I believe my first assessment period was for November as I first submitted my claim on the 29th of October 2019, as I was working just before I had to resign due to my illness I was receiving statutory sick pay my last payment from my job was on the 15th of November and due to this I had a reduced payment in December so I’m assuming it was from November but it’s just such and unsure thing with UC

thanks for your reply 
  • nikkii_93
    Options
    Just went and looked didn’t realise it told me the assessment period on my payments breakdown, my assessment period is from 29 October to 28th November 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I believe your first payment for LCWRA will be March and you won't be owed any backdated money.
  • nikkii_93
    Options
    I believe your first payment for LCWRA will be March and you won't be owed any backdated money.
    Yes I believe my first payment will be March too I’m very aware off the benefits system. Why do you think I won’t receive back dated money for February then? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    nikkii_93 said:
    Yes I believe my first payment will be March too I’m very aware off the benefits system. Why do you think I won’t receive back dated money for February then? 

No, there won't be any backdated money because UC is paid monthly in arrears.
  • nikkii_93
    Options
    nikkii_93 said:

No, there won't be any backdated money because UC is paid monthly in arrears.
    Yes I know it’s paid in arrears but every where I looked it says it’s 3 months from the day I hand in my first sick note which was January? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It's 3 full assessment periods and because you didn't hand in the fit note until the 4th November then that month doesn't count.
  • nikkii_93
    Options
    It's 3 full assessment periods and because you didn't hand in the fit note until the 4th November then that month doesn't count.
    Ok, could you tell me where you got that information because it says it’s a 3 month waiting period but nothing about assessment periods? 
  • poppy123456
    edited February 2020
    Options
    It's paid from when you sent medical evidence. A month for UC is called an assessment period and everyone claiming UC has an assessment period. The date of each assessment period depends when your claim for UC started. As yours started on 29th October, then each AP is 29th to 28th of every month.
  • nikkii_93
    Options
    It's paid from when you sent medical evidence. A month for UC is called an assessment period and everyone claiming UC has an assessment period. The date of each assessment period depends when your claim for UC started. As yours started on 29th October, then each AP is 29th to 28th of every month.
    Yes I do know all this, that still hasn’t really answered the question. I will just wait for my statement and will comment back with what I’ve been paid for reference for other people. 
  • Aj1995
    Aj1995 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Was readimg through the comments to get come advice and made me even more confused than i already was!? So they pay you 3 months after your first fit note or after your assessment? 

Because I first started handing in fit notes in October 2018 and finally got my assessment in Jan 2020!! Have now got a letter in my journal to say I have been accepted unable to work and wait 7 day to look at what they owe me...when will I get my first payment? On my next payday or in 3 months because i mean I've already been waiting over a year! 

:smile:

• poppy123456
    Options
    Aj1995 said:
    Was readimg through the comments to get come advice and made me even more confused than i already was!? So they pay you 3 months after your first fit note or after your assessment? 

Because I first started handing in fit notes in October 2018 and finally got my assessment in Jan 2020!! Have now got a letter in my journal to say I have been accepted unable to work and wait 7 day to look at what they owe me...when will I get my first payment? On my next payday or in 3 months because i mean I've already been waiting over a year! 

:smile:

Hi and welcome,

It will depend what the decision was, if it was limited capability for work and work related activity (LCWRA) then it will depend when your assessment period is and when you first sent your fit note because there a full 3 month assessment period waiting time. The LCWRA is then paid on the 4th month of your claim. 

If the decision was limited capability for work (LCW) then you won’t receive any backdated money. 
  • Aj1995
    Options
    Handed in my first fit note in October 2018, had my assemsent January 2020, got a letter today saying I had LCWRA and had to wait 7 working days to see what they owe me? And any updated payments would be on my statements. So I have to wait yet another 3 months now just to get my first updated payment??

The posses is so confusing 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Aj1995 said:
    Handed in my first fit note in October 2018, had my assemsent January 2020, got a letter today saying I had LCWRA and had to wait 7 working days to see what they owe me? And any updated payments would be on my statements. So I have to wait yet another 3 months now just to get my first updated payment??

The posses is so confusing 

When i say assessment period i didn't mean when did you have the assessment. Everyone claiming UC has an assessment period during the month and when this is will depend on what date you started your claim? I will also need to know the exact date you sent your fit note. Without knowing those 2 answers then i can't advise you further.
  • Aj1995
    Options
    The exact date I sent my fit notes were in the 22nd October 2018 lasting 3 months then 22nd Jan 2019 lasting six months then the 22nd August lasting 6 months then I had my assemsent and now been told by DWP no more are needed and no need to attend at job center to look for work or anything  im assuming the date of my first fit note would be when my claim started? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I'm assuming you don't understand what the assessment period is? This lasts for 1 month every month and 7 days after this you'll receive your monthly payment. Everyone that claims UC has an assessment period each month but when yours is will depend on when your claim for UC started and everyone is different.

Without knowing when your assessment period is i can't help you further.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.