Can LCWRA be backdated? - Page 7 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can LCWRA be backdated?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Aj1995
    Aj1995 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Oh yes sorry I do understand now, the 30th of every month. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,390 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    An assessment period is between 2 dates and lasts for 30 days (1 month)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Aj1995
    Aj1995 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    My Jornal says the 30th and the 27th
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,390 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2020
    Options
    That's not an assessment period because it's not 30 days. All i can advise is that you will be owed backdated money and you won't be waiting another 3 months for the LCWRA element to start.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,025 Scope online community team
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi @Aj1995. Assessment periods at the end of the month can be confusing as they fluctuate. I'm assuming yours is usually from the 30th to the 29th, but in February it'll be to the 27th.

So your September - October2018 assessment period won't count.
    October 30th - November 2018: Month 1
    November 30th - December 2018: Month 2
    December 30th - January 2019: Month 3
    January 30th - February 2019: First LCWRA payment.

So you should be owed backdated LCWRA as far back as your January 30th - February 27th 2019 assessment period.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • tcopping1
    tcopping1 Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    Options
    I was told in October 2019 that I was awarded LCWARA received first full payment beginning of January. Back payment was from when I sent of application. Which was August 2019. But I found that if it wasn’t for me constantly phoning them with regards to my back payment it could of been a lot longer wait. I finally got my back payment the end of January 2020. Good luck. X
  • thatsmyname
    thatsmyname Community member Posts: 52 Connected
    Options
    Hi, i wonder if anyone can help although i doubt it as dwp apparently dont even know! I feel like ive been punched in the head repeatedly for 4 days trying to get answers or figure it out and as i can see from every single thread or blog or page that everyone else feels the same.my uc claim began on 5-12-2019.i provided my first fitnote on 12-12-2019. Have provided fitnotes continuous since that date.was supposed to have my wca in jan 2020.i attended by taxi with 2 relatives who travelled to meet me to support me as i suffer with agoraphobia anxiety depression and panic attacks and social phobia.on arrival i was sent home as assessor was suddenly taken ill.i had a major panic attack due to this and was hit by a mobility scooter during the process due to me walking backwards into the ladies path due to panic! Sorry that was slightly off subject....but its taken a full year to give me another date for wca.its was exactly a year to the day of my cancelled wca.so on the 4 feb 2020 i get my decision on uc journal saying i continue to have LWCRA so i wont recieve anymore money but dont need to give fitnotes anymore.but ive actually been given more money this month for lcwra so should that amount be backdated to when i first started giving fitnotes bar the 14 weeks assessment period? I rang uc as im just getting ignored on my journal and first the lady said no they never backdate it...then i said id been advised online that it should be and her answer then changed to it should be backdated to when i first claimed! Obviously i cannot trust any of this advice please can anyone help me ?
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @thatsmyname

Welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing okay, sorry to hear what you've had to go through and that the benefits system is causing you stress right now. 

I have created you your own discussion for your question, which you can find here.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • LeeB927
    LeeB927 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Hi I'm looking for advice. I've been on universal credit for 2 years now. I have been unfit for work for 18 months but I never recieved the LCWRA. I was due to have a medical in July 2020 but this was postponed until january 2021 because of covid by the assessment centre. I have recently been awarded LWCRA from the medical I had in January. Should my claim be back dated to JULY 2020?

Many thanks 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    LeeB927 said:
    I have recently been awarded LWCRA from the medical I had in January. Should my claim be back dated to JULY 2020?
    Provided you supplied continuous Fit Notes throughout the period the LCWRA element should be included from the fourth payment after you notified them of your health condition.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • LeeB927
    LeeB927 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I didnt need medical fit notes as I was already signed of from work but previously didnt meet lcwra. So I didnt need to be actively seeking work due to my medical conditions I just didnt get any extra money on my UC. 
  • calcotti
    Options
    If the new assessment was asa result of DWP carrying out a normal review then the LCWRA element is now only due to be paid from the date of decision.

If the review was based because you told then you had got worse then it should be backdated to when you informed them of this.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • georgec141
    georgec141 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    laurae said:
    Hi sorry to jump on ur post.. my husband has been on uc for almost 2 years his disability has always been recorded on there just started handing in sick notes jan but we were never told he needed to hand these in to receive the work capability assesment... would we be able to get this back dated to the start of our claim.... the doctor has already provided a backdated sick note from when our claim started 
    I'm afraid it won't be backdated to the date he started claiming UC. The waiting period starts from when you hand in your first sick/fit note and not from when you start your claim. See link and scroll down to waiting period. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Universal_Credit_Work_Capability_Assessment

If he's successfully given LCWRA then the extra payments will start from the 4th month of the claim from when you hand in your first sick/fit note.

My first sick note was submitted on May 4th 2021, I wasn't even made aware of lcwra until earlier this year. Had my assessment. Have been awarded the full amount but only backdated 3 months. Has anyone successfully got it back dated to when you initially submitted first sickline? 
    Thanks
  • calcotti
    Options
    georgec141 said. 
    My first sick note was submitted on May 4th 2021, I wasn't even made aware of lcwra until earlier this year. Had my assessment. Have been awarded the full amount but only backdated 3 months. Has anyone successfully got it back dated to when you initially submitted first sickline? 
    Thanks
    Provided your Fit Notes have been continuous, you should be paid from the fourth full monthly period after your first reported the health condition. Raise a payment query through your UC journal.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.