PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

hi i scored zero ppoints pip claim

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Replies

• nattie48nattie48 Member Posts: 17 Connected
    Hi danb 

Are the symptoms you  have explained new? Has anything changed or deteriorated? Are your symptoms the same now or worse since you went for your assessment? Unless your condition has changed or deteriorated the DWP are not going to change their decision. If things has changed or deteriorated you must provide proof such a letter from your GP or a letter from a physiotherapist, your surgeon anything to say that your condition has changed. I would go and see citizen advice as they can help you with your appeal letter.

I hope this helps and everything is sorted out for you.

Natalie
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Member Posts: 7,418 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @danb
    Welcome to the community! @nattie48 has given some excellent advice! Please keep us updated and please don't hesitate to ask for any further help :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58 Connected
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2018
    Hi,

Is there any reason why you've mentioned ESA in this? I was confused at first and thought you were talking about ESA because of how much you've concentrated on the your mobility. 

Most MR decisions remain the same, so don't expect any change at this stage.

I'd advise you get help with the Tribunal stage from your local welfare rights or other disability advice centre, otherwise you'll struggle with a daily living award based on what you've wrote. 
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    As this is a PIP claim you've asked for the MR for then i'd contact your local welfare rights for further advice and some help. PIP isn't about not being able to work, people claim PIP and work. 
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,924 Disability Gamechanger
    To answer the original question, there is no exact right way to do an MR. You have probably provided a little too much history but this is made up for slightly by the focus on the specific activities later on. Your statements on bathing focus too much on what you think you might need but your mobility stuff is clear and to the point. Overall it’s neither here nor there as the success rate for MRs is currently 17% so it’s more a case of getting something in and seeing what happens. The sensible stuff by and large only happens at the appeal stage though. 

I have to disagree with the advice from @nattie48 and the suppprt for that from @Ami2301. It is wholly incorrect. A deterioration in your health post claim is irrelevant unless there is an accompanying decrease in functionality. It’s pefectly possible to have one without the other but only a decrease in functionality is relevant.

DWP will not change their mind on the basis of a deterioration. They are looking at what you were like on the date of claim. If you deteriorate since then and have no live award then the advice from DWP, a tribunal and me would be to make a fresh claim. A deterioration can only impact where there is a payment in place.

Furthermore, assuming for a moment that there were an award in place, there is no requirement to seek medical evidence of a change. It can be helpful but it’s only one half of the equation as described above. 
    Tribunal request is next and for this you need to fill out the SSCS1 form and send your MR decision letter with it to HMCTS (Tribunal) you have 28 days to request this. Id advise you to get expert help with this. Good luck.
  • YadnadYadnad Posts: 2,856 Member
    danb said:
    Well I've got the form and can't seem to get an appointment with cab atm so gonna have to send without any assistance
    Par for the course for most claimants.
    CAB is not all that it is cracked up to be.
    Do you mean rhe form to lodge the appeal or that you’ve done so and now have an appeal bundle to wade through?
    Look for nothing. There’s nothing in there you ain’t have seen bar the DWP argument which is just pulled together from a template and is worth a read but usually little more attention. The approach at this point is to get representation and ensure you know what your case is. Which points? Why? What evidence? 
    It's perfectly normal for the DWP to appose the appeal and ask for a dismissal.. nothing to worry about.
  • YadnadYadnad Posts: 2,856 Member
    danb said:
    the conclusion of the dwp has stated that he opposes the appeal and asked the tribunal to dismiss the appeal?  is this normal?
    Yes quite normal and you should expect nothing less. They will be adamant that their decision is final and in accordance with the regulations. They see no need to waste the time of the Tribunal when you will only lose.
Sign in or join us to comment.