PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

backpayment

Georgeg93Georgeg93 Member Posts: 17 Listener
how fo i stop debt managment taking most of my back dated payment surley thay cant do that bad enough with my mental health issues they want to make me worse i have bills overdue and thibgs i owe they shouldnt be allowd to do that what can i do i am still waiting for my back dated pay they said about 4 weeks need help thanks 

Replies

• BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    Hi,

Unfortunately debt management are able to recover some things from arrears payments of benefits, there is not much to be done about it.

Sorry not to be the bearer of better news.

Mary
    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
  • Georgeg93Georgeg93 Member Posts: 17 Listener
    thry are taking more than half my back dated pay wich i need i owe rent arrears and other bills they wont take my mental health into acaunt what could i do
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Which benefit are debt management taking this from, ESA or PIP? 
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Georgeg93Georgeg93 Member Posts: 17 Listener
    its pip they cant do that especially with the financial harship im in i owe bills and rent i said i would be happy to set up a payment plan thats what usually happens but because im getting this backdated payment that im owed they want to take more than half of it 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    As your PIP is classed as income for this type of thing, they can take it. You need to speak to them to tell them the financial hardship you're in at the moment and offer to pay it weekly or monthly through a payment plan.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.