PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP

Macky47Macky47 Member Posts: 45 Connected
Hi everyone, do DWP ask GP, Consultants etc, for information to support your claim for PIP

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    It's very rare they ask anyone for evidence. The onus is on you to make sure you send the evidence to prove those descriptors apply to you and not their responsibility. 
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • MatildaMatilda Member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    They do not. The claimant has to obtain medical evidence and submit it with their PIP claim.
  • debbiedo49debbiedo49 Member Posts: 2,906 Disability Gamechanger
    My gp wrote a supporting letter for my tribunal for pip describing how my issues affect me in daily life and it cost thirty pounds. You have to ask. Its up to the gp to decide to support you or not.
    💜🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    I am a fibro warrior !💜♏️
  • Macky47Macky47 Member Posts: 45 Connected
    debbiedo49. Thank you
  • Peasmold_01Peasmold_01 Member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    I concur with the previous posts, the onus is on you to provide any and all supporting documents and evidence in support of your application. Unfair as it may appear, but that is the nature of the system. One sided as it is, the more evidence you can provide, the better your chance. You can Good Luck 
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,008 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2018
    You are claiming the benefit so you’re the party who has to prove their entitlement with supporting evidence. There is nothing unfair about that. It is wholly logical. If it were the other way round then the investigations by DWP would no doubt be branded intrusive.
  • Macky47Macky47 Member Posts: 45 Connected
    In reply to your comments, I have supplied a load of medical evidence supporting my claim. Thx for your negitive comments, if you can't give constructive feedback, why bother replying to peoples comments.
  • April2018momApril2018mom Posts: 2,869 Member
    Ultimately the onus is on you to prove that you need it. All supporting evidence has to be provided by the claimant to support your application. Why did you make a application if you are not willing to supply the necessary information? 

That is completely illogical and pointless. The system is unfortunately not perfect and even our healthcare system leaves a lot to be desired too. The question is what are you going to do about it? I strongly recommend that you start again and send in as much paperwork as possible. 
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,008 Disability Gamechanger
    Macky47 said:
    In reply to your comments, I have supplied a load of medical evidence supporting my claim. Thx for your negitive comments, if you can't give constructive feedback, why bother replying to peoples comments.
    It is a wholly accurate statement. Do you have some specific evidence to the contrary? Medical evidence can only speak to diagnosis, prognosis and symptoms, which are probably not in dispute. What they actually need is anecdotal evidence of your functional limitations accompanied by specific examples.
Sign in or join us to comment.