Hi, my name is Karen62! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Karen62!

Options
Karen62
Karen62 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi if I get pip standard living and enhance mobility can a student who gets a student loan and a maintenance loan claim cares allowance for looking after me please 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Karen62   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for your question. I am unsure of an answer. A member of our team or community will know.

May I suggest speak to CAB. They have a wealth of knowledge, expertise on benefit queries.

We are a supportive community. Care and share.

Please have a look at our information and advice may be useful.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Karen62 and a very warm welcome to the community. Is the student full time? I found this online:
    This may be an adult or a child. The person claiming Carer's Allowance cannot earn more than £100 per week from other paid work. They also cannot be in full-time education. ... Part-time students who can show they are not expected to study 21 hours a week or more should still be able to claim Carer's Allowance
    Hope this helps :) Please feel free to use the community and have a look around!
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.