If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Getting a statement from tribunal?

tpottstpotts Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
helllo  i had my tribunal hearing was told no pip awarded  so i asked for a statement of reasons i now have a letter saying the judge to due reasons beyond her control can not  do a statement of reasons and i now need another hearing has you heard of this before  thanks teresa


  • thespicemanthespiceman Member Posts: 6,408 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @tpotts Pleased to meet you . Welcome.

    Thank you for joining.  Thank you for your question. I am unsure of an answer. They will be members of our team or community who will know.

    We are a supportive community. Care and share.

    Lots of information, advice.

    Hope that helps.

    Take care

    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tpotts and a very warm welcome to the community! I personally have not heard of this, although I hope other community members will be able to help! It may also be worth contacting citizens advice about the matter and seeing what they suggest. If you need anything else then please do not hesitate to be in touch :)
    Community Partner

    Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,006 Disability Gamechanger
    When a judge says they can’t do a statement of reasons there could be any number of explanations for that: 

    1) They have lost or accidental disposed of the record of proceedings.
    2) They have recently ceased to be a judge.
    3) Literally anything.

    Ask for an explanation but it may well be there’s nothing you can do but agree to a further hearing.
Sign in or join us to comment.