PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

pip letter for claiming road tax

bessbearbessbear Member Posts: 4 Listener
can anyone please help . i took all the paper to post office for my road tax. i was told the letter from the dwp was not the right one.
i rang the dwp they sent me out the letter i thought i needed. yet again the post office said it was not correct . to be fair it was the same letter as before  just a new one .

the letter says ''your statement of entitlement
dear mrs  ????
thank you for asking for a copy of your pip statement.
your statement shows of your pp award.it also shows which rate you ve been awreded along with the start date and end date .

the post of says i need a certificate. 
is they anyone here with one that they have used for claiming raod tax ...if so can you tell me what i need to ask for when i re ring the dwp .  thank you 

Replies

• Peasmold_01Peasmold_01 Member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    Contained at the very back of the five or six sheets of paper is a a sheet, losey called a certificate of rights to have free Road Fund Tax, applicable only if you have 12 points plus for mobility. 
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,201 Disability Gamechanger
    The paper informing you that you are entitled to claim free road tax which also gives you a refund back to your award start date will be enclosed with your award letter if you where awarded the enhanced mobility part of PIP 12 points.  If you where awarded the lower rate of PIP 8 points you can claim 50% discount off road tax but this has to be claimed from the DVLA direct ring them for more information and they will inform you on what papers to send.
  • bessbearbessbear Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thank you both. i shall ring and ask for a copyof the certificate .this is a great help thanks .
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Also remember that it must be only be used for the disabled person’s personal needs. That means the vehicle can’t be used by the nominated driver for their own personal use.

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.