pip letter for claiming road tax — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip letter for claiming road tax

Options
bessbear
bessbear Community member Posts: 4 Listener
can anyone please help . i took all the paper to post office for my road tax. i was told the letter from the dwp was not the right one.
i rang the dwp they sent me out the letter i thought i needed. yet again the post office said it was not correct . to be fair it was the same letter as before  just a new one .

the letter says ''your statement of entitlement
dear mrs  ????
thank you for asking for a copy of your pip statement.
your statement shows of your pp award.it also shows which rate you ve been awreded along with the start date and end date .

the post of says i need a certificate. 
is they anyone here with one that they have used for claiming raod tax ...if so can you tell me what i need to ask for when i re ring the dwp .  thank you 

Comments

• Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    Options
    Contained at the very back of the five or six sheets of paper is a a sheet, losey called a certificate of rights to have free Road Fund Tax, applicable only if you have 12 points plus for mobility. 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The paper informing you that you are entitled to claim free road tax which also gives you a refund back to your award start date will be enclosed with your award letter if you where awarded the enhanced mobility part of PIP 12 points.  If you where awarded the lower rate of PIP 8 points you can claim 50% discount off road tax but this has to be claimed from the DVLA direct ring them for more information and they will inform you on what papers to send.
  • bessbear
    bessbear Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Thank you both. i shall ring and ask for a copyof the certificate .this is a great help thanks .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Also remember that it must be only be used for the disabled person’s personal needs. That means the vehicle can’t be used by the nominated driver for their own personal use.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.