Received my F2F date. Also query after new verbal evidence for diagnosis. Thank you. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Received my F2F date. Also query after new verbal evidence for diagnosis. Thank you.

Options
Mumof2ds
Mumof2ds Community member Posts: 147 Pioneering
Hi everyone. X 

Finally got my date through for F2F assessment in Ashford ( my husband will drop me there on route to work) he's trying to get day off, as  I mentioned on my forms, if having a difficult day my Husband maybe able to attend, but as symptoms fluctuate, it would depend upon the day as to how I was feeling mentally and physically. Either way he's literally dropping me off in the car outside the assessment address. 

21/9/18 so not too long to wait I guess, not bad since a June application, which they signed for their end, denied receiving, then started a case, and then found my forms and uploaded them 22 days later. I had been in contact throughout, to see how things were going, and they eventually found my application ( see original post elsewhere)

One important question is: I got my verbal diagnosis  through ENT and Neurologist in London yesterday verbally) after a 19 month tests, and ongoing appointments, three ENT departments saying highly probable, that  I had Menieres Disease, 5 hours of extensive testing yesterday, with my husband in tow proved what we knew. I was finally listened to! Huge relief.  

I also have Vestibular Neuritis, anxiety, depression, and  under  a mental health charity, and now the same therapist is going to continue privately, and she said she will write a covering letter, to clarify ImI still working on my therapy,  since  the last 19 months has affected me greatly, both mentally and physically.

Menieres , inner ear auto immune undiagnosed Vestibular Neuritis has danaged my right and left inner ear nerves, and hearing losses, which will not recover, just progress bilaterally. Gentimycin  steroid injections through my ear drums, will be the next stage when vertigo returns with a vengeance. But those will I gather wreck whatsw left of my hearing. ?

Constant differing Tinnitus pitches,  in both ears drives me insane, NHS provided  hearing aids, with Tinnitus maskers, for both progressive hearing losses and signals from my brain, and I get drop attacks suddenly randomly as well as vertigo. 

I mentioned all my symptoms back when I applied, and now have the final verbal diagnosis, yesterday, but not the written hard copy, I explained to Neurologist yesterday I have a PIP F2F assessment coming up, and is there any way possible they can supply some hard copies in paperwork to help my case? As things changed since I sent forms in June, or should I ring DWP and update? He said he doubted it would be through in time.  

Should I ring or email place doing F2F in Ashford or update DWP or both I wonder?  

Waffle over. 
Thanks for any advice and patience. 
P X 

Politeness costs nothing, but goes a long way in life. 
 Always look out for each other. Be kind. 
 Hugs and smiles mean the world. XX 

Comments

• Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    Options
    I'm afraid, unless it is in writing, preferably signed in blood by the consultant  DWP or ATOS/CAPITA will not take it into consideration  However, when you have your F2F do mention it, as the assessor should note it as possible new information  When you get the consultants letter, if you have to apply for An MR, send a copy of the report to the DWP at the same time you apply for the MR. Good luck. 
  • Mumof2ds
    Mumof2ds Community member Posts: 147 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Peasmold_01

I am  amazed you could even dicipher my questions in all that ramble. As I get brain fog, I  type as I think, no it's not pretty. ? 

Thank you for prompt reply! 
    P X 
    Politeness costs nothing, but goes a long way in life. 
     Always look out for each other. Be kind. 
     Hugs and smiles mean the world. XX 
  • JGILL1962
    JGILL1962 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    My husband has meniers and is wondering whether tout a claim in for PIP but worried about not being able to drive, can you please offer any information about this for us?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.