Hi, my name is Allisonjoanne53! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Allisonjoanne53!

Allisonjoanne53
Allisonjoanne53 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello, my name is Allison. I have just this moment found this site and decided to join! I am a 53 year old woman who was diagnosed at the age of 21 with Turners Syndrome, and I also have long term problems with anxiety/depression. I live in Aberdeen, Scotland. 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Allisonjoanne53
    Welcome to the community! Forgive me as I'm not familiar with Tunners Syndrome, would you might explaining what this is? Please let us know if we can do anything for you :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Allisonjoanne53
    Allisonjoanne53 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hello Ami2301, Thanks for your welcome! Turners Syndrome is a chromosomal abnormality that happens only in women. In my case, one of my chromosomes has got four long arms instead of two short and two long. This has affected my growth outside and inside my body. And it has also affected my fertility. I couldn’t have children due to the fact that my ovaries didn’t develop normally. I’ve basically gone through a very very early menopause. I mentioned anxiety/ depression, I’m not sure how much of this is linked to Turners. 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm really sorry to hear that ? Is there anything we can do to help?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Allisonjoanne53, and a warm welcome to the community- it's great to have you here!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.