How long takes letter to be posted to dwp.. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long takes letter to be posted to dwp..

Weirdworld
Weirdworld Community member Posts: 40 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello all :) i here alone and paranoid how many days takes dwp to recive my form for severe disibility.. I have called them yesterday that is like 10 days ego my key worker send it of and ladie say that they didnt recive it yet. And how long it takes for them to make the decision on it my key worker attached my diagnosis letter that i have chizofective disorder self harming and paranoia most of days.. Is that will be enough for them to accept my form? Is any one know about it? Pls guys let me know asap.. Thank u all

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Weirdworld, thanks for sharing this with us. I hope you hear back soon, and fingers crossed some of our community members will be able to help you with this question! 
  • gnmeads
    gnmeads Community member Posts: 187 Pioneering
    Hi Weirdworld It sounds like it could be lost in the post. I would get hold of the Royal mail
  • Weirdworld
    How cos rhe letter was free post and i didnt wright my address on back how will they know..
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    The DWP can take up to 8 weeks to process your application it does not mean it has got lost just caught up in the back log of post
  • Weirdworld
    U think so? And this for severe disibility right? 
  • Weirdworld
    It takes that long i am on pip and esa do u think i get it
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    All mail regardless of your claim goes to a central sorting office where it is scanned on to the computer system network which can take several weeks before the call center can varify they are in receipt of your information. Then you have to wait another eight to ten week or longer for them to make their dession on your claim assuming they don’t ask, require more information from you. Just be patient. 
  • trev2819
    trev2819 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Is it the severe disability premium for ESA that you've applied for?
  • Weirdworld
    I not sure my key worker done it properly.. Or can be for pip.. Can i be entitled to both?
  • trev2819
    Yes, you might be entitled to both.  You can get the Severe Disability Premium if you get PIP, live alone and someone isn't already claiming Carer's Allowance for being your carer.
  • Weirdworld
    I dont have any one claiming for me carrers allowence.. And i have few disibilitys going on with me
  • trev2819
    Sounds like you should be entitled to both then.  Probably worth checking with your key worker what they have applied for so far - just so you know what's going on and what to expect.
  • Weirdworld
    Hopefully fingers crossed will let u know on tuesday us my esa pay day and than friday pip. So i really wish it be added by then. :):D
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    It won't be in your next ESA payment if you only returned the form 10 days ago, it can take at least 3-4 weeks, if not more to process the claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Weirdworld
    Ohh okay have u had one also? Some people say on line that when they do over phone it takes like week or so i dont know if its true.. So maybe it will be in next payment than i guess i have to be patient thats all for now i can do
  • poppy123456
    It can be claimed over the phone now yes and claims done this way are always much quicker.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Weirdworld
    Should i go my key worker monday and ask her to doit by phone even tho we have sent it the form
  • poppy123456
    No, there's no point now because they form has been sent.
  • Weirdworld
    Oh okay i didnt know.. So it will take 4 weeks to aprpve or so
  • Weirdworld
    Hi all i wounder after call for new claim for extra money disability premium my key worker done on phone with esa worker is thats apply for esa just or pip also cos she did ask whhen is my next pip payment and it was today ofcourse so i did get paid 229 like usualy☺ but when my key worker done application over a phone with lady she say i wont get payed for seven days nothing is thats means that after seven days pip will backdated and esa we also send yesterday doctors note with my diagnosis us the lady ask on line ..also or whats the crack with them????? i also read the lady on here with same situation she say she get paid pip usual so i wonder how is the goverment working things out ther..  Is ther any one knows about it

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.