PIP assessors — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessors

PAAS2018
PAAS2018 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I work as a private advocate, P.A. and Support Worker.
I deal mainly with appeals for DLA,PIP, ESA, Universal Credit and Attendance Allowance( over 65s only) And I am very busy!
I am appalled at the number and types of claims that are a) turned down in the first instance 
b) then get accepted after I have been busy on my clients' behalf 
c) claims that are allegedly "lost" and then re-requested( presumably to check that the responses are still the same.)
c)the number of people - especially but not exclusively, vulnerable, homeless and mental health cases -  who are simply not on the radar of ANY support services ( but are after I've finished with them!)
I have a question about PIP to which I can probably guess the answer:
How can one find out whether the allocated assessor has the correct type of background, training and experience in and of a particular disability or condition?
Take, for example, ADHD, or Autism ( both different in males and females), or fibromyalgia and M.E.?
If one believes that the assessor is NOT competent, presumably one can request someone who IS?
One last thing...how is it legal for landlords and letting agents to specify: NO DSS?
In my professional opinion, this is contravening  the Equality Act 2010 and I am investigatin and challenging every case I come across.

In the meantime, I am happy to assist anyone who needs an experienced brain and a large pair of boots! feel free to contact me!

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.