Hi, my name is Mandy58! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Mandy58!

Options
Mandy58
Mandy58 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
Hi all i my review letter from March 2018 return it 5th April in June I received a letter asking me to go to a f to f about 20 miles away from home i call them to let them know that I couldn't not travel that far they change my to 2nd of July just as I was getting ready i receive a text to my assessment has been cancelled next assessment was 24th of July on 27th of July i receive a text message saying that they have received form back and I will hear from in 4 weeks on the 7th of august i yet on other letter saying that they have received my application and they will contact when they made a decision it was been 7 weeks since my FTF i am so nervous this is my second claim i live in London 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Mandy58
    Welcome to the community! Have you tried contacting them to ask if they have made a decision yet?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Mandy58
    Options
    No I have not because I don't know what the outcome maybe and I don't want them to think that I am bothering them and decided to turn me down  i am so worried and nervous at the same time 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Mandy58 Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for your post.  Understand you are nervous.  Every body has been through this situation.

I would advise if it were me to have some one else to call them. Do you have any support.?

There seems to be a lot of confusion.  You are not bothering them. Please can I suggest contact some one like welfare rights or CAB for support.

You need reassurance and I can understand that, being anxious and nervous.

Hope that helps.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Mandy58
    Options
    Thanks for your advice i will of to really get someone to help me on monday i will go on seek a welfare right person or go to find a CAD 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Mandy58 and a warm welcome to the community! Thank you for taking the time to share this with us all. I hope your claim works out- please do let us know :)
    Scope

• Mandy58
    Options
    Hi I have called the pip advicer today monday 24th September i told the gentleman that I did a f2f on 24th of July on its been 9 weeks ago happening with my claim i was told that my claim is with the case worker i ask how long before I will hear from them the gentleman said that him doesn't know.. that is not very helpful 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.