Hi, my name is Mandy58! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Mandy58!

Mandy58
Mandy58 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
Hi all i my review letter from March 2018 return it 5th April in June I received a letter asking me to go to a f to f about 20 miles away from home i call them to let them know that I couldn't not travel that far they change my to 2nd of July just as I was getting ready i receive a text to my assessment has been cancelled next assessment was 24th of July on 27th of July i receive a text message saying that they have received form back and I will hear from in 4 weeks on the 7th of august i yet on other letter saying that they have received my application and they will contact when they made a decision it was been 7 weeks since my FTF i am so nervous this is my second claim i live in London 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Mandy58
    Welcome to the community! Have you tried contacting them to ask if they have made a decision yet?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Mandy58
    No I have not because I don't know what the outcome maybe and I don't want them to think that I am bothering them and decided to turn me down  i am so worried and nervous at the same time 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Mandy58 Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for your post.  Understand you are nervous.  Every body has been through this situation.

I would advise if it were me to have some one else to call them. Do you have any support.?

There seems to be a lot of confusion.  You are not bothering them. Please can I suggest contact some one like welfare rights or CAB for support.

You need reassurance and I can understand that, being anxious and nervous.

Hope that helps.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Mandy58
    Thanks for your advice i will of to really get someone to help me on monday i will go on seek a welfare right person or go to find a CAD 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Mandy58 and a warm welcome to the community! Thank you for taking the time to share this with us all. I hope your claim works out- please do let us know :)
    Scope

• Mandy58
    Hi I have called the pip advicer today monday 24th September i told the gentleman that I did a f2f on 24th of July on its been 9 weeks ago happening with my claim i was told that my claim is with the case worker i ask how long before I will hear from them the gentleman said that him doesn't know.. that is not very helpful 

Brightness