Pip form — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip form

Options
pearl1936
pearl1936 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi I phoned welfare rights to get help with my pips form I received a phone call from dwp say they were coming out to see me .The man came out I was in bed as I spend time most of my time there anyway he seemed nice he just ask6me a few questions he made a remake about  the high dose of a particular tablet also that I was on a lot of meds I asked to get it photo  copy he said there is no need husband said he would post but assessor said he can do it internal then at last minute said I need to see identification then he said it's ok I will put it that I have seen it the point am getting to I did not realise it was someone from the dwp that came helped fill in forms when I phoned welfare rights  

Comments

• dignifieddoll
    dignifieddoll Community member Posts: 52 Connected
    Options
    Ive been told of a charity that will come and help fill out forms its not public knowledge  but they run along side of dwp and help with form filling but the name  has escaped me may be it was them and they were contacted by welfare just a thought
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes a DWP representative can come to your home to help you fill out the forms. I was told by my local CAB that they were too busy and couldn't fit me in when i needed help filling in my daughters PIP claim (i'm her appointee) so they told me they would contact DWP on my behalf for an appointment for help. I didn't accept the offer of help from them and went elsewhere.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Yes a DWP representative can come to your home to help you fill out the forms. I was told by my local CAB that they were too busy and couldn't fit me in when i needed help filling in my daughters PIP claim (i'm her appointee) so they told me they would contact DWP on my behalf for an appointment for help. I didn't accept the offer of help from them and went elsewhere.
    When did all this start? I have never managed to get any help or advice from filling the forms out or what evidence should be sent in.in the past 5 years.
    No wonder you managed to get awards that you have for both your daughter and yourself - it seems that you were extremely lucky that someone put themselves out to make sure you had the best advice and help available.
    Attendance Allowance is another example I can read what some websites say and in particular the CAB one. What they say is contradicted by other sites. But given that the CAB must/should be the one to follow I follow it to the letter. I still don't know if it is right or really what should be put on the claim form but anyhow they must be right in saying that I cannot get that benefit either.
    Most claimants, like me fudge everything simply because the system is complicated - you hope for the best but expect the worst.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.