Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
I've been on DLA for quite a number of years then filled out the form for PIP and am now being refused, My condition has worsened and there are other complications that have arisen but cannot get doctor's report as I am a full time carer for my 32 yr old daughter and miss most of my appointments. I am in pain every single day and really hate taking medication. Plus the fact that my daughter suffers with sleep apnea, I have to be alert and aware of her needs. Who can I turn to regarding an appeal? I try to buy things that would assist regarding our disabilities but it leaves us with very little to survive on
- 55.2K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 837 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 302 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 268 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 704 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 773 Autism and neurodiversity
- 952 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.