About me — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

About me

allie121
allie121 Scope Member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi there I've been asked to say a bit about myself so here goes. I'm Allie I'm over 50 I have osteoarthritis in my knees and spine so confined to a wheelchair, I have lots of other illnesses such as diabetes, fibromyalgia severe depression and I'm finding life very hard and I've tried to end it all a few times as I can't see anything worth staying around for, cos this life isn't living it's just barely existing. I used to be a fun happy person but that person has disappeared.

Comments

• KingD0863_
    KingD0863_ Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi Allie. I can understand where you are coming from in relation to your deep depression and suicidal thoughts.I  have osteoarthritis in by feet and back, so can understand the chronic pain, just this year I have had to use wheelchair which I hate, I also have IPF in both lungs and was told couple months back only about 2 years left. Yes We are suffering serious conditions but our families and friends also suffer watching us but they would rather help us and have us around with time to say goodbye rather than have news that we were suddenly gone. I know this as I tried to end this existence as you say no life but it devastated my family and friends to think that suddenly I would not be here and somehow they had failed me. You have people who love you and need you so please get help or talk about depression as your important to all family and friends. Take care and talk it helps. 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @allie121
    Thank you for telling us about yourself. I understand how you feel, but life is worth living, I've been disabled for nearly 2 years and I could not cope with all of it until something big happened this and made me look at everything in a different point of view. Everybody is different but it does take time to adapt and to find a balance. We can help you find that balance over time :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • sophialob
    sophialob Community member Posts: 61 Courageous
    Hi @allie121 ! You are incredible and the world would be a worse off place without you! I hope you find support on this community. We are all in this together and you are not alone :smile:
  • allie121
    allie121 Scope Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thank you all for your lovely kind comments they mean so much thanks again 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @allie121 and a very warm welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear that you are feeling low. I hope the community can help in some way :) You may find the physical/ mobility impairments, mental health, disabled people and chronic pain boards.

If you ever feel low then please do reach out for support. Samaritans provide 24/7 trained support which can be very beneficial. I hope to see you around the community and please let me know if there is anything that we can do to help :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.