Universal Credit in Tipton West Midlands? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Universal Credit in Tipton West Midlands?

RachAzza44 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2018 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello, I was hoping someone can help me I live in Tipton west Midlands and currently claim ESA, does anyone know when universal credit will come in to effect and how this will change for me please


  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Member Posts: 6,389 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @RachAzza44 Pleased to meet you welcome.

    Thank you for joining . Thank you for your question.

    I am unsure of an answer to your question. There will be members of our community or team will able to advise.

    We are a supportive community. Friendly, care and share.

    Please take care

    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,557 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2018
    Hi @RachAzza44 and a warm welcome to the community! How are you doing today? I will move your discussion to the UC section of the community and hope someone can help :)

  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,525 Disability Gamechanger

    You can check what's in your area here and if it's not yet a full UC credit area then it will tell you when it will be. http://ucpostcode.entitledto.co.uk/ucdate

    If it's already a full UC area then you'll stay on ESA unless a change of circumstances means you have to claim UC. Otherwise DWP will write to you when the time comes but managed migrations to UC won't take place until at least 2019 and most likely even later than that for a lot of people.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.