Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
bedroom tax for my husbands bedroom
hi for the last 2 years ive been in a seperate bedroom to my husband because of my illness i asked the council at the time about not having to pay for it but said i would so have been paying since ,i just found out though that on april 1st 2017 the law changed and that you dont have to pay for the bedroom your carer uses ,i contacted the council and they said to send a letter to them from my GP so i have has this happened to anyone else and will i be able to be refunded from last april they are sly dogs the council as they never told us off the law change even though they knew i was struggling to pay the extra £50 a month for that bedroom
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.