Need advice on pip claim from oct 2016 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need advice on pip claim from oct 2016

hickie66
hickie66 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
hi all,made a claim for pip in october 2016 as i had pneumonia was in hospital then told I have copd so was advised to claim so sent all medical stuff in they say need to go for f2f I’ve got bad anxiety and depression my husband goes with me to assessment the hcp was a paramedic he says my condition not so bad he seen a lot of people like it. The assessment goes on for a hour an really uncomfortable my husband try’s to speak for me assessor havin none of it, he said he needs to check my pulse he say my heat rate not good and need to see a doctor  he shuffles us out of room. I then pass out at the door the receptionist try’s to help my husband pick me up and hcp goes straight back to his room not bothered. My husband brings me home as am so stressed with assessment. Then 2 weeks later dwp sends me a letter to say I’ve not attended the Atos assessment so there not looking at my claim,so husband rings them to explains what had happened at Atos assessment with hcp. My son probation office said she would send a letter from ther office recorded for them to look at my claim so they write to me weeks later dwp today have not attended assessment apparently them Atos sent me 2 more appointments which i never received.last text ive got of We've received your request to look at our recent Personal Independence Payment decision again. You don't need to contact us as we're looking at this now. Thank you. We've accepted your reasons for not attending your Personal Independence Payment consultation with the health professional. They'll contact you if they still need to see you. Please call us if any of the details you gave us have changed. Thank you. These were sent to me on 13th October 2016. I have had nothing else of them do I make a new claim from now or can I get them to check previous claim any advice would be much appreciated thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

As this was almost 2 years ago, were you awarded any PIP? if so, do you still have the PIP award? If not then is there any reasons why you haven't contacted DWP before as it's been almost 2 years.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, question why have you waited so long nearly two years before wondering what’s been happening regarding your applecation for PIP. You need to be more proactive in keeping in contact over any benefit claims and allow two months maximum to pass before contacting the DWP to enquiry how you claim is progressing the odd bi weekly phone call won’t do any harm if you feel you need to have this contact and update for peace of mind. Hope you get your claim sorted.
  • hickie66
    As you see not good at dealing with stuff every day not easy. I haven’t received any pip no award nothing but the texts from 2016. I think I should reapply but anything like last time,don’t think I could do it that man made me feel like a freak Atos says they send me appointments but I know they never came in post and I know dwp will believe them before me 
  • poppy123456
    Hi,

I really don't understand why you have left it almost 2 years. Are you sure you didn't receive a letter of refusal and either forgot or didn't realise?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • hickie66
    my hubby said they sent letter to say I was refused because I didn’t attend 3 appointments with Atos that we never received so just gave up. If I was to apply again do I put on form what had happen last time telling me they sent out appointments that I didn’t receive thanks 
  • poppy123456
    Hi,
    If you apply again there's no need to put on the form anything from your last claim. What you should have done at the time was appeal the decision by first asking for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) but that's far too late now.

If you do decide to reapply then i'd advise you to get some help with filling out the forms and make sure any evidence you have is sent with the forms because they very rarely contact anyone for any evidence.
  • hickie66

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.