Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Can anyone help with Ill Health Retirement - I need urgent legal advice
Hello all, I have satisifed the eligibility criteria for ill health retirement from my ex exployer, but they say despite that, there is no money in the pot, that they are prioritising current employees and that to pay me would be to the detriment of someone else!!! You pay your pension for many years trusting it will be there when/if you need it...I need it and and it's not being released to me. What can I do, can anyone recommend any legal help in the Cheshire/North West area? I have tried the government pension helpline but they just said they cannot legally advise me, I've contacted a solicitor who said this was a case for a a financial advisor, contacted them who said I need a solicitor. Aaaarrrggghhh. I feel so helpless. I have made an appt with CAB but not sure they can provide me with specific legal advice. Appreciate any help....thank you.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 757 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 675 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.